Rickety New Wave Cabaret! 2007

Monday, December 04, 2006

The list so far........

Superfriends
Amoeba Knievel
Dirty Faces
Yes Darlings
Microwaves
Ludlow
Styles for Modern Living
Fangs of the Panda
Amanda&Allison
(Cindy+?)
(Thad+ co)
The OPD
The Squirts
My Niece Denise
If you're not on this list, but you think you should be, email me right now to straighten it out. If you ARE on this list, but you no longer want to be, email me right now about that too.
As it stands, I can fit a maximum of two more acts on the bill, and that is pushing it. I am going to give people a couple days to respond (there are a few people who are not on the list who mentioned wanting to play, but did not respond to my confirmation email) and then I will open it up to the first taker(s).
With a list this long I am going to have to limit most acts to two numbers. There will be special exceptions for people who help me out in different ways--especially by donating equipment for the night. Also, I think we have all gotten a lot more professional since 1998, but I gotta say that we will need to be speedy with the changeovers to make this work. I just watched the video from 1998 and there is so much dead air time that we could have had at least two more acts. So if you are playing, make sure you can bang through your set plus set up and break down in under 20 minutes. Deal?
Soon I will be asking for proposed song lists from people....I want to make sure we don't have any repeats (within the night) and that we don't err on the side of gloomy. I love Joy Division as much as the next goth, seriously....but the new wave cabaret should be more about having fun and getting people to dance than about being morose and getting people to slam shots of whiskey and slit their wrists in the bathroom. So---if you haven't already told me you plan to do joy division....don't do joy division. There are so many lovely INXS songs in the world.....hint hint...
OK! thanks everybody for your enthusiasm! this is gonna be a great night!
xoxo
bambam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home